Public Works Partners is a mission-driven planning and consulting firm in NYC serving public and nonprofit clients. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Senior Manager/Engagement Lead
Public Works Partners is looking for a strategic and analytical leader to lead high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and major nonprofit organizations. As a member of the firm’s senior team, the Senior Manager will play a key role in supporting the company’s growth, cultivating new clients, and delivering dynamic consulting engagements. This opportunity demands a vision for building out a robust, mission-oriented consulting practice, creative problem-solving, and an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal Senior Manager should be innovative and curious, a superb communicator, adept manager, and expert in his/her field. She or he would also have experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
Essential for your success:
- Demonstrated success keeping projects on-time and on-budget, including experience using standard project management tools and approaches to monitor a project’s progress
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely in speech and in writing
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- A strong customer orientation and ability to discern and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- An ability to drive a team toward big-picture goals while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or government agencies, particularly New York City and State
- 8-10 years of progressive professional experience; supervisory positions preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a related field; graduate degree in public policy or administration, management, urban planning, or related field preferred
The ideal candidate would possess one or more of the following:
- Experience working with populations that reflect the diversity of New York City and State, and engaging with communities and stakeholders on a range of sensitive issues
- Experience designing and implementing new programs or managing program evaluation
- Experience with performance management, including data capture and the creation and management of performance monitoring tools
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. In-town travel and to other parts of New York State may be required. To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate you are applying for the Senior Manager position in the email subject line.
About Public Works Partners
Public Works Partners is a management consulting firm serving mission-driven organizations in the public, nonprofit and private sectors. We assist leaders to identify and implement innovation in their organizations. We help sharpen focus on key challenges, develop strategic solutions to pressing issues, and improve service delivery to organizations’ clients. We specialize in stakeholder engagement, program design, organizational and financial development, project management and business process re-engineering. Our approach is tailored to each organization’s unique circumstances, and we field project teams with the right mix of skills and experience to match each client’s precise needs. Our clients benefit from our deep experience at the nexus of public policy, strategic management, and program operations, as well as our work across a range of policy areas from economic development to public health to human services.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.